Monday, September 29, 2008

An Invitation For Mocking

Let's see how little of that list I have. Bold I've got, italics I don't but have a comment, missing I don't have either.

9. A Suite of Modern Literary Graphic Novels (I have Maus, is that enough to count as a suite? Probably not.)
11. A Smattering Of Treasury Editions Or Similarly Oversized Books (Somehow I don't think he intended my stack of oversized Runaways and Annihilation hardcovers...)
15. At Least One Comic Book From When You First Started Reading Comic Books (Nope. I guess I need to track down some Clone Saga issues!)
18. The Entire Run Of At Least One Manga Series (Rumiko Takahashi's Mermaid Saga. Yukito Kishiro's Gunm/Battle Angel Alita, although that might not count since it's effectively still in progress as Battle Angel Alita: Last Order.)
22. A Selection of Comics That Interest You That You Can't Explain To Anyone Else (Man, I wish I'd picked up those Onslaught Saga trades. Although that might still be too explainable.)
25. Maus (Guess it really doesn't count as a suite.)
33. Some Calvin and Hobbes (Of course.)
39. At Least A Few Alan Moore Comics (Well, one. Watchmen.)
40. A Comic You Made Yourself (Somewhere, I've got at least some of the old school notebooks that held the saga of Lightning Dagger. Each was one page, incredibly poorly drawn, and had no dialogue - at least not written down, anyway. I even had my own Clone Saga in there. Also, numerous reboots with a new #1 issue. No chromium covers, sadly. Maybe I'll do a post on it one year.)

Do I win the failing to meet an arbitrary standard contest?

No comments: